- Got
the GBS screen done at my last appointment and my midwife checked me for the
first time. I’m 1 cm dilated, 50%
effaced, and the baby’s head is low and engaged! Such great news. I expected to hear that nothing has
happened. I guess these Braxton hicks
that are occurring around the clock are worthwhile.
- 36 weeks means the start to
drinking red raspberry leaf tea (4-5 tea bags/8 oz cups per day) in hopes of “toning my uterus” and making
future contractions more efficient, rather than a bunch of inefficient
contractions and the start to taking evening primrose oil (500 mg tablet by mouth in the AM and 500 mg inserted vaginally right before bed). My midwife said that the
contractions/Braxton hicks I’m having now are toning my uterus as well, so
hopefully there is some truth to all of this.
Now, if only I could find a tea to tone my arms, thighs, and ass, I’d
have it made.
I’ve been obsessed with fruit
lately. I ate an
entire honeydew in less than 12 hours the other day and I used to think honeydew
was the loser of fruit salads.
Up 20 pounds so far and would
like to only gain another 5 or less between now and D-day because Lord knows
that between raising a baby, breastfeeding, working, and finishing school, the
gym is going to be a foreign place.
Met with my doula again
tonight. It was our last meeting until
she comes to help with my labor.
Toured Lennon’s daycare center
and got all of the paperwork filled out.
It made me so sad L
Had Lennon’s car seat base
installed and checked by the ambulance squad
Put a waterproof mattress cover
on our memory foam bed incase my water breaks in the middle of the night in order to avoid getting blamed for ruining the bed throughout my entire labor.
Got a pedicure last night so my toes are pretty if I go into labor because I would still worry about that admist everything else
Heartburn is still in full force, lower extremities are still puffy, and I have the occasional lower back and hip ache, but other than that, all is good!
So close now! Ahhh! The last month is so exciting counting down! Can't wait to see little Lennon
ReplyDelete