Lennon Grey arrived at 2:15 AM on Monday, February 18th after 12 hours of labor. Everything went exactly as I wanted it to and envisioned for the birth of my baby for years, long before I was even pregnant. He arrived at 37 weeks, 4 days, but still weighed in at 7 pounds, 2.9 ounces and was 21 inches long. My water broke on its own, followed by 12 hours of labor. I achieved my goal of a completely natural birth by laboring at home and arriving at the hospital fully dilated. My favorite midwife was unexpectedly on call the night I went into labor because she switched with another midwife and I cried when she walked into the room because I've prayed all along she would be the one to deliver my baby. I pushed for 2.5 hours, but did not have any tears, so the drawn out process did it's job. Baby had 8 & 9 Apgar scores and a head full of blond hair, just like his Daddy. I feel so blessed that I have a perfectly healthy baby and between him and my body, things were able to fall in place. Full birth story to follow...



No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a comment