July 2, 2012
"Making the decision to have a child-It's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body..."
Who would have thought that my life and world would change forever on just another humid, Monday morning? I went from that girl who spent every second of her free time traveling, partying, and running around with my friends and boyfriend to a mother-to-be. After complaining to my wonder and tolerant co-worker for the past week about being bloated, waking up in the middle of night and raiding the medicine cabinet for expired TUMS, screaming at the sensation of a t-shirt rubbing across my boobs, and being so exhausted that I took a nap on a linoleum floor with no pillow, she finally drew the line, drove me to CVS, and forced me to take a pregnancy test. Of course I agreed, because there was no way I was pregnant. Not me. Those two little lines thought differently. Yes, the test in the picture is from the good ol' Dollar Tree, because I was so spastic after the first test that I threw that crazy thing right in the trash. Then, after regaining my sanity and announcing the news to my boyfriend, I thought, "Shit! I'm already a bad mom. I'm not going to have that classic picture of the positive test result!" Off to the Dollar Tree we went...
Sixteen weeks later, I have decided to blog my pregnancy journey as a way to share this amazing experience with my friends and family. Welcome aboard :)
| Our last picture together before we discovered we are parents-to-be. |
No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a comment