What Little LaCasse is up to:
- Baby may not move around as much now
- All five senses are working
- Toenails are completely formed
- Hair on the baby's head continues to grow in
- Baby has periods of dream sleep (REM)
- Length (16.7 inches); weight (3.7 pounds)
- Got to see you in action during a 4D ultrasound session on Saturday! You are DEFINATELY a little boy. I had them double check just to be sure. You also look just like your Daddy. I am getting no credit here for being the one carrying you around for 9 months. You are head down still and facing my left side. Both of your hands are still constantly up at your face and you like to suck on your fingers and wrists. My favorite part was watching you drink amniotic fluid. It looked like you were yawning really big! The tech said she can't tell me how big you are, but she did say that an OB reviews the ultrasound and would let us know if anything looked abnormal, but nobody called!
- I've been able to feel you move around a lot more and your punches and kicks seems a lot harder. Now that I know where your hands and feet are, it's neat to be able to picture what you are doing in there when I feel movement.
- I started getting one of the first real pregnancy symptoms I have had in awhile...heartburn. It is the worst in the morning and when I go to bed at night. I keep a bottle of TUMS on my desk at work and a bottle in my purse that I move to my nightstand every night. I hope the old wives tale is true and you have lots of hair!
- I'm still hitting up the gym most days of the week and am able to run, although it is getting harder. The extra weight and fluid in my legs makes running feel like sombody strapped bricks to my feet. I refuse to give it up just yet though.
- We still have not decided on a middle name for you. That might not happen until after your arrival.
- All of the RSVPs are in for the shower. 33 women are coming! I can't wait to celebrate you with everyone else!
- There's a flu epidemic going around and a lot of people at work have been sick. I've been so lucky and tried so hard to not get sick since I found out I was pregnant and I hope my streak does not end with everything that is going around.
- I got a prenatal massage and facial on Friday. It was not as great as a normal massage. I think everybody is scared of pregnant women and don't want to be too aggressive. The massage place had a little shop connected to it and I got a sage/cedar/lavendar smudge stick to burn while I'm in labor.
- We looked all over for honey sticks to eat while I am in labor (they are recommended in some labor books as a good snack during labor because they are fast, healthy, and provide energy) but I haven't been able to find them anywhere :( I might have to resort to ordering them online.
- I went to my first professional prenatal yoga class and like the massage, it was not that great because everything was so tuned down that it was boring and wasn't challenging at all. It was nice to be around other pregnant women though.
- My Master's program started back up and I chose to hit the ground running and work my butt off in case I go into labor early. I already have all of my assignments done that are due in January and plan to start February's assignments tomorrow. The class ends March 3rd (3 days before your due date), so I would like to have all of the work done by early Feburary.
| Shawn and me as babies compared to Lennon's 4D pics. Phew, was I an ugly baby! |
| Grumpy Lennon |
| My positive fortune cookie! |
| Baby boy is a honeydew this week :) |
![]() |
| 32 Weeks! from babycenter.com |

You're getting so close now :) it goes by so fast, enjoy the last few weeks! Now that Reese is here I am praying for time to stand still. Before you know it, he will be in your arms!
ReplyDelete"Baby may not move around as much now" ... I'm 33 weeks along as of this past Sunday and when I read that somewhere last week, I thought to myself that he'd slow down a little but like you, I feel him even MORE and the kicks are sometimes so hard they hurt! Boys will be boys, I guess :)
ReplyDeleteYour 4D ultrasound is incredible. I can't believe the details they captured!! We wish we'd done one but with so much going on before Danny Jr's arrival, we finally threw our hands up and realized that it just might be too late to squeeze it in.
As for prenatal massages... I got a gift certificate for a massage for Christmas and decided I'd hold off until after the baby arrives to cash it in. I agree, I think people tend to feel like they need to be gentle with pregnant women - I know Dan does when he gives me a back rub! - when all I really want is some good, deep tissue massaging!! On the same note, I was doing prenatal yoga throughout the second trimester but skipped out for this trimester because it was so tuned down I felt like I could just do it at home without the added cost. But it IS nice to be around other pregnant ladies who just simply get what you're going through!
Best of luck to you!!! You are almost there!! XOXO