What Little LaCasse has been up to:
- Eyes are opened when awake and closed when sleeping
- Baby has learned to blink
- Baby may settle into more of a routine for sleeping and awake times
- Antibodies from mom's blood are being transferred to the baby
- Baby may already turned to a head-down position
- Fingernails have reached the end of the fingertips
- Length (17.7 inches); weight (4.7 pounds)
- Celebrated my baby shower on Saturday, courtesy of my wonderful sister-in-law, and it was so good to be around all of my family and friends and celebrate Little Lennon
- Somehow lost 2 pounds when I got weighed at my last doctor's appointment. Time to increase my cheese steak order from a 6 inch to a 12 inch!
- Got all of the baby's stuff into the spare bedroom (which has been scattered throughout the house, random closets, and the attic) and spent almost two whole days organizing everything
- Throughout my pregnancy, I thought the new contacts I got back in August were just a terrible match for my eyes, but the more I think about it, I think pregnancy has just made me unable to tolerate contacts. I hope my eyes go back to normal post-partum.
- My belly button is slowly becoming less flesh with my belly and more so protruding...
- I'm still retaining a decent amount of fluid in my lower legs/feet. When I took my knee high boots off after my baby shower, there were indentations the whole way up my leg where the zipper was and any little buckle wrapped around the boot.
- I finally started to notice that I struggle with everyday things more than before due to my increased size. Running still feels like I'm hauling a horse behind me and makes my hips hurt at night and moving all of the baby's stuff around the house and up and down the stairs took every bit of my energy. I had to sit down and rest every few minutes. It was even exhausting to try to sit up straight on the floor while putting together the car seat. This is frustrating for me because I'm the kind of person who can't sit still and I like to get a lot done and do things for myself. Guess this is what it feels like to get old and start deteriorating! So much to look forward to!
- Finished doing all of the baby's laundry (clothes and crib bedding) so everything is officially washed and ready.
- Ran around like a nut every night after work returning duplicated stuff that I received at my shower and was able to buy everything off of my registry, as well as anything I else I still needed with the gift cards I got back.
- Turned into a super nerd and typed up all of the exercises from the Hypnobirthing book and the Bradley Method book so I can really start practicing more and studying everything.
- Started reading "Mind Over Labor," which was recommended by my doula
- Ordered red raspberry leaf tea and evening primrose oil to start in a few weeks. My midwife and doula said I could start the tea now and EPO at 36-37 weeks, but that scares me. Knowing my luck, the stuff will actually be really effective and I'll go into pre-term labor.
- Picked out Lennon's coming home outfit! So excited!
| Shirt is starting to fit more like a shirt and less like a maxi dress. |
| Lennon is a large cantaloupe this week! |
| His little coming home shoes! |
| Found him a pair of converse high tops for only $5 at a local consigment shop! |
| Bare belly! |
| My abundance of Red Raspberry Leaf tea for when it's go-time. |
| Everything that Lennon got at the shower. I have so many great family members and friends :) |
| All of Lennon's stuff sorted and organized. Phew. |
![]() |
| from babycenter.com |

No comments:
Post a Comment
Leave a comment