Thursday, January 17, 2013

33 Weeks!

January 16, 2013

What Little LaCasse has been up to:
  • Amniotic fluid is at its highest level now
  • Baby's head size has increased 3/8 inch due to rapid brain growth
  • Neurons and synapses are developing in huge numbers
  • Skull is still quite pliable and not completely joined
  • Baby takes intermittent deep breaths
  • Testicles will be descending from his abdomen into his scrotum
  • Length (17.2 inches); weight (4.23 pounds)
What we have been up to:
  • Found out that I get 12 paid weeks off of work after the birth of the baby!!! So excited! I was originally told I would only get about seven. 
  • Still feeling very full all of the time and like my midsection is going to burst at the seams.
  • Baby boy has been VERY active and his movements are so strong that they actually hurt sometimes.  In the morning, it feels like I did an ab workout the night before, but then I remember I don't have abs anymore.
  • My quality of sleep has been declining due to my increased size and reflux, but in a way I have been sleeping better because the baby doesn't seem to get super active when I lay down at night like he did in the past. Maybe he finally has his days and nights straightened out. Let's hope it stays that way.
  • Running has officially become more difficult.  I just feel so heavy and water logged, like somebody strapped bricks to my feet when I try to run.  I look around the gym to see if anybody is giving me the evil eye for being that person that THUMPS with every stride like they are a damn elephant. Good thing most people have headphones in.
  • I got all of my school work done for the next month and a half (which made me not such a pleasant person in the process), but now I feel great about it and I can 100%, completely focus on nesting and preparing for the baby and enjoying the few weeks I have left to take long naps and lounge around without a care in the world.
  • I whipped out the Bradley book and Hypnobirthing book again to focus all of my time on reviewing the parts I bookmarked and highlighted when I originally read through both books and to start practicing the exercises.
  • Hung out with my sister-in-law and her coworker, who has a 3 month old, and it was a good reminder of how much work a baby is.  Stressed me out a little bit, because sometimes I forget how much my life is going to change, but I'm sure I'll forget what life used to be like once the baby is here.
It's taking on the torpedo look.

and I thought I was fat then...
Lennon is a pineapple! Good thing babies don't actually come out with spikes on them and a big, bushy top.

from babycenter.com

2 comments:

  1. You should try a prego pillow if you don't already have one!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second Katie- the Leachco was my go-to hands down favorite! And your belly is looking so so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment