What Little LaCasse is up to:
- Baby's brain continues it's rapid growth
- Response to sound grows more consistent
- Lungs continue to grow and prepare for functioning outside of the womb
- Baby continues to take small breaths
- Eyelids are now open more (baby can distinguish between light and dark)
- Retinas have formed
- Length (14.4 inches); weight (1.9 pounds)
- Survived my first big trip since I found out I am pregnant, which coincidentally will also be my last big trip while pregnant.
- Discovered that if pregnancy induced lactose intolerance and/or pregnancy induced claustrophobia exist, I have been blessed with both. I absolutely cannot stand to be in small spaces, in a bus seat, the back seat of a car, or the feeling or being crowded or around too many people, which makes me even more frightened about the possibility of needing a c-section because I will lose my shit if I get strapped down and practically covered by a blue screen and then I’d be “that patient” for the remainder of my stay.
- Took a break from reading my “Natural Hospital Birth” book to read the book, “Bloom” by Kelle Hampton. It was one of the best books I’ve ever read and I finished it in less than two days and highly recommend reading it. You will cry a lot, especially if you’re already hormonal and pregnant like I just so happen to be.
- For all my fellow nurses, I officially have +1 pitting edema in my BLE which has given me cankles.
- Number one thing not to do while pregnant…watch the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show. Nothing makes me look down at all my doughy parts and image how repulsive they would look shoved into overly priced lingerie like watching VS models prance around on stage.
- Started getting nauseous in the morning for no good reason at all. Like the kind of nauseous when you have to sit with your eyes closed and try avoid breathing while rapidly swallowing immense amounts of saliva and pulling your hair into a messy bun just in case. I was hardly ever nauseous in my first trimester, so I guess this is what I get for being so proud of my body for handling pregnancy so well.
- Found out my insurance company is required to 100% cover the cost of breast pumps starting January 1, 2013 and that it has to be a hospital grade pump, so I plan on getting them to pay for the $1,750 Medela Symphony that I’ve heard so many good things about. About time I get my monies worth from them. Props to Obama.
- On the plus side, I don’t have any stretch marks
yet, my winter coat still zippers shut, I’m still making it to the gym and
running on the treadmill almost every night, and can still semi sleep on my
belly!
![]() |
| from babycenter.com |
| Baby boy is the size of a head of cauliflower :) |
| Assuming the position to get rid of trapped gas at work. Nobody ever tells anybody about that little problem when they are pregnant. |
| Got another card from Sarah! |
| Winter night sky leaving work :) |

I laughed so hard when I saw your go -to position for trapped gas. No one understands that pain like we do! Lol although the positions get harder to hold, the bigger this belly gets.
ReplyDeleteCongrats to making it to the third trimester! Getting so close now! :)
I love your posts because I'll be 28 weeks on Sunday so we are right on track with one another!!! I'll definitely have to look into the Natural Hospital Birth book you're reading, sounds like it's right up my alley. Who is it by? And no thanks to reading anything that will make me cry. I'm a hormonal mess NOT pregnant so you can only imagine how weepy I've been for this entire journey, hahah.. :)
ReplyDeletelol i had trapped gas too!! third trimester YAYY!!
ReplyDelete