Monday, December 10, 2012

From my Birthday to Yours

December 10, 2012

Dearest Lennon,
Only three short months until your estimated arrival!  Celebrating my birthday yesterday got me excited to celebrate your birthday!  The closer we get, the more I start to wonder if you will be early, late, or right on time. If you are anything like me, you will arrive plently early with a to-do list in hand for everything you are determined to accomplish during your first day on earth because you will know that to be early is to be on time and to be on time is to be late. If you are anything like your father, you will burst out of my vagina fashionably late, like a bat out of hell, with a shit-eatting grin on your face, wondering what everybody was in such a hurry about. While I am not so sure I will prefer that you take after your father's punctuality by the time I am 40 weeks pregnant, I definately hope you inherit his personality. He is so laid back and easy going and ALWAYS happy. I spent all weekend gathering up all of your clothes, organizing them into size categories, and washing them, so they are ready to go! I know, you are a boy and that kind of stuff does not excite you. One day, your idea of clean will be the clothes on the floor that do not smell as bad as the ones in the hamper, but for now, I will soak up the time I have to pick out all of your outfits and make sure everything is clean and organized. I have a feeling that your days and nights are backwards. You start kicking around 7:30 PM and kick thoughtout the night, but during the day you refuse to budge no matter how much I try to irritate you. A few weeks ago, you gave your Dad and I a scare and it is the first time you scared your Dad to death and made him cry. I'm sure it will not be the last. I hope you do not hate me too much for continuously singing my heart out in the car. Better now than when you and a bunch of your teenage friends are in the backseat. Also, I apoligize for the sounds my belly makes after a big glass of milk. Thanks for treating my body so well these last six months and changing me for the better. Only three weeks until I get to see you again in 4D! I cannot wait! Last, but not least, I wanted to tell you about the song your Dad and I listened to when we first found out you were going to be a part of our lives. It's called "The Journey of Your Life" by Jake Owen. Hopefully we are able to make your journey amazing. See you soon.
Love,
Mom
 
Didn't realize you already have this much clothing until I rounded it all up. Oops!
Three days and eight loads later, it is all organized and smelling fresh! 


Two dozen roses for me and your very first teddy bear for you from your Daddy for our birthdays!

My grandma style cake.  Mom has bought me a DQ ice cream cake every birthday for as long as I can remember.


Looking wide. Yikes!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment