What Little LaCasse has been up to:
- Head is getting larger to accommodate a period of rapid brain growth
- A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds the baby
- Eyes can move from side to side and follow a light source
- Early lanugo is beginning to disappear
- Toenails are entering their final growth stage
- Bone marrow is now in charge of RBC production
- Baby has the capability now to produce tears
- Length (15.7 inches); weight (2.91 pounds)
- Celebrated your "Christmas in the Womb." It made me so excited for next Christmas with you and most of the gifts I asked for are for you, so I'm finally starting to realize how it has always been so easy for my mom to be selfless and put my brother and me first. You got a nap nanny, Sophie the Giraffe, LifeFactory glass bottles, and we'll say a camera, because it will mostly be used to photograph you and videotape all your "firsts."
- Shawn felt you give two good, hard kicks in a row. It seems like every time he tries to feel you move, you stop moving, so those kicks meant a lot.
- Medically, everything is normal/great and my every other week appointments start the first week of January. My platelets, hemoglobin, and hematocrit were normal and I passed my GTT. I'm AB-, so I got my first Rhogam shot, which the nurse said would burn and be awful and it was nothing. I'm up 14 pounds. Hoping to only put on about 10 more before your debut, so the majority of it is lost before I even leave the hospital.
- It snowed for the first time since I've been pregnant, which was exciting for like 15 minutes, and then I remembered how much I hate winter and the snow. Hopefully everything works out and we can move south within a few years, long before you have to freeze your little butt off 2/3 of the year.
- Started reading "Ina May's Guide to Childbirth" and "The Nursing Mother's Companion" in preparation for breastfeeding.
- Since I'm on a school break, I finally found the time to make your boppy pillow cover and taggy blanket, which turned out better than I expected, if I must say so myself!
- I've barely eaten any chocolate or ice cream since I've been pregnant because both have seemed repulsive to me, but I had a craving for a Wendy's frosty and that about sent you into shock. You kept me up allll night. I just laid in bed and watched TV from 4 AM on and didn't even care!
| Staying round and low. |
![]() |
| Getting squished in there. No wonder you kick and elbow me more. from babycenter.com |
| Lennon is a head of lettuce :) |
| Front of boppy pillow. Made to match your blanket and some of your burp cloths! |
| Oh so soft minky fabric for the back of your boppy pillow. |
| Taggy blanket. Can't wait to teach you the animal and the colors. |
| Back of taggy blanket. |
| First snow fall since I found out about you. Happened on Christmas Eve even! |
| Your nap nanny that Pappy got you/me for Christmas. Hoping it leads to some nights that involve sleep. |
| Camera/video camera pappy bought me to take an obnoxious amount of pictures of you. |
| Guess which hand is your Dad's? |

We absolutely loved the nap nanny, it helped him sleep LONG LONG nights & we would take it down stairs during the day to let him relax in it :) I love the mink fabric too!! We have that on his boppy, bumbo, blankets, burp cloths, taggies, all the goodies lol!!
ReplyDeleteDidn't the nap nanny get recalled recently?! Or am I thinking of something else...? Either way, I've heard great things about the boppy. My sister-in-law LOVED it! :)
Delete