Wednesday, January 2, 2013

31 Weeks!

January 2, 2013

What Little LaCasse has been up to:
  • The rate of physical growth slows down just a bit
  • Fat continues accumulating
  • Bones are growing and hardening
  • Brain enters another period of rapid growth
  • May move to the rhythm of music
  • Lungs are the only major organ left to complete development
  • Length (16.2 inches); weight (3.3 pounds)
What we have been up to:
  • I put your crib together all by myself.  Only cursed once and no blood was shed.
  • Put your mobile together that we have had laying around the house since July and hung the "Lennon" yarn letters above your crib
  • Started feeling some part of you in my right rib cage, like something is stuck up there
  • Didn't get to see you in 4D like I had planned and looked forward to for months because of the stupid snow, but it's rescheduled for this Saturday!
  • Got a big box of boys toys from freecycle.org and will clean and sterilize them, while trying to figure out how they work
  • Entered your birth year!!!! I felt super cool checking out at Walmart at 10 PM on New Years Eve with Gushers and sparkling red grape juice.  People probably assumed I was going home to celebrate New Years with a bunch of kindergartners. Between that and my virgin strawberry daiquiri I ordered with my dinner, I was really living on the wild side.
  • I've been exceptionally tired lately, but every other symptom has disappeared and no new ones have sprung up *fingers crossed*
  • Made us matching hospital gowns during my time off work!  I thought Daddy was going to be mad because your hospital gown turned out looking sort of like a dress....well it actually looks just like a dress....but he was so caught up in my seamstress skills that he handled it very well. I still have 9 weeks to think of a way to make it more manly. Arrr.
  • In addition to your crib, I set up your changing table station and stacked up all your little Pamper Swaddlers in neat little stacks that I'm sure won't last long (the diapers or the neat stacks) and set up your humidifier, which I've been using at night for myself until your arrival.

 
Lennon is a head of lettuce still!
 

from babycenter.com

1 comment:

Leave a comment