Saturday, October 6, 2012

Dear Little LaCasse...

Dear Little LaCasse,

With your due date being a short five months away, I wanted to write my first letter to you.  These past three months have been filled with many ups and downs and life changing experiences.  I truly believe that "everything happens for a reason" and that one day, everything will fall into place and all of these unexpected changes will make perfect sense and form a life I wouldn't want any other way.

Things I've loved about having you be a part of me:
  • Reading you books during bedtime
  • Singing at the top of my lungs to every song that comes on the radio and picturing you rolling your eyes and covering your ears
  • Never feeling alone, no matter how alone I feel
  • Seeing the world through sober eyes and rediscovering all the things I enjoyed to do with my time before my weekends were spent in bars and partying
  • Having someone that I love and care about more than myself
  • Day dreaming of what you will look like, how you will act, and all of the fun things I want to teach and show you
  • Realizing what is truly important in life and enjoying the little things
  • Having a reason to constantly better myself in order to give you the best life possible and be a role model for you to help you lead a successful life
  • Listening to your little heart beat every night before bed and hearing you squirm around as if I'm annoying you with the doppler
  • Being cautious of everything I do, say, eat, and drink for the safety of you and in return, the safety of myself

"For I know the plans I have for you.  Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." ~ Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment