Thursday, October 18, 2012

It's a...

October 13, 2012

Today was the gender party, which I knew I wanted to have long before I got pregnant (not thinking I would be pregnant until long after it wasn't cool to have gender parties) and which I have also looked forward to and planned since the day I found out I was pregnant. I had so much fun preparing for the party and thinking of creative ideas and being crafty. I got to spend a lot of quality time with my brother and sister-in-law while making the reveal box and will have memories of the party forever, as well as something to show the baby. It was so great to be around all of my friends and family and people who have been super supportive since I told them I am pregnant. Beware...many pictures follow...


"He or She, What Will it Be? Drop in some name suggestions for the baby to be."
Just a little way for everybody at the party to let us know what they think the baby should be named, before knowing the gender.

All of my weekly belly pictures from week 5 until week 19.


"Please sign the onesie guestbook for the baby to be!"

Festive party favors!
Bon appetite!
My homemade tissue poms I was so proud of.

Come on in!
Clothesline for the onesies for the Old Wives Tale Game
My homemade onesies for the game.

Questions my sister-in-law asked me in front of everybody at the party. My answers are italicized. Some fun facts about each tale followed some of the tales.

1. So far, are you carrying low and all out in front or high and got wide all over?
  • BOY = low and all out in front
  • GIRL = high and wide
2. Has the baby's heart rate been greater than 140 or less than 140?
  • BOY = less than 140
  • GIRL = greater than 140
3. Have you had acne like a teenager?
  • BOY = no
  • GIRL = yes
  • "Girls steal their mother's beauty."
4. Have you experienced intense morning sickness or nausea lasting past the first trimester?
  • BOY = yes
  • GIRL = no
5. Have you been craving sweet foods or sour and salty foods?
  • BOY = sour and salty
  • GIRL = sweets
6. What did the Chinese birth chart predict you will be having?
  • A girl
  • "The Chinese Birth Chart claims to be 90% accurate."
7. According to Mayan’s Legend, if a mother’s age at the time of conception and the year of conception are both even or both odd, she can expect a girl.If one number is even and one number is odd, she can expect a boy.
  • 24 years old and the year 2012 = GIRL
8. Has Shawn gained weight with you since he found out that you are pregnant?AKA “sympathy pounds.”
  • BOY = no
  • GIRL = yes
  • In a study of 100 dads-to-be, nearly every Dad who put on weight ended up having a baby girl, but only five of the dads who had a boy were heavier on the scales.
9. Are your feet always cold or colder than before you became pregnant?
  • BOY = yes
  • GIRL = no
    • Women who are pregnant with a boy ARE more likely to suffer with bad circulation
10. Are your hands always dry or dryer than before you became pregnant?
  • BOY = yes
  • GIRL = no
11. Has the hair on your legs, and everywhere else, been growing faster since you became pregnant?
  • BOY = no
  • GIRL = yes
12. Who was most aggressive at the moment of conception?
  • BOY = me
  • GIRL = Shawn
  • "The baby's gender is usually the opposite of whoever was most aggressive."
13. Has pregnancy caused you to become more clumsy or graceful?
  • BOY = clumsy
  • GIRL = graceful
14. What do you think the gender of the baby is?
  • Girl
  • "Mothers usually have an instinct of the baby's gender and are correct 71% of the time."
15. Have your breasts drastically increased in size?
  • BOY = no
  • GIRL = yes
16. Have you experienced a lot of headaches while pregnant?
  • BOY = yes
  • GIRL = no
17. Has pregnancy made you moodier or happier?
  • BOY = happier
  • GIRL = moodier

Ribbon for the chairs

Bouquet courtesy of Shawn




Surprise cupcakes thanks to my sister-in-law



"He or She? What do you think the baby will be? Please wear a lei to reveal your guess."
Putting the wheels on the fruit baby
The finished product!
The pacifier got me excited for the baby, but I'm sure those will got old fast. I already dropped the thing atleast 5 times.
Reading all of Little LaCasse's name suggestions aloud.


Name suggestions for a little boy:
  • Colt
  • Clayton Lane
  • Walden
  • Brayn
  • Waldo
  • Conner
  • Noah Lane
  • Rylee
  • Chip
  • Shawn Jr.
  • Gavin
  • Reagan
  • Nolan
  • Rex
  • Thomas
  • Evan
  • Josh
  • Oliver
  • Scott
  • Carter
  • Grayson
  • Brennen
  • Gregory
  • Hershey
  • Tiger
  • Logan
  • Blake
  • Peter
  • Cameron
  • Ryan
  • Jacob
  • Douglas
  • Brayden Grey

Name suggestions for a little girl:
  • Lillian
  • Grace
  • Raven
  • Ally
  • Patrice
  • Kennedy Lane
  • Skylar Marie
  • Emily
  • Jadyn
  • Rena
  • Addison
  • Brynn
  • Eliza
  • Lilly
  • Rose
  • April
  • Isabella
  • Olivia
  • Arianna Marie
  • Lexi
  • Nova
  • Sidney or Sydney
  • Diane
  • Ellie
  • Gracie
  • Jade 
Group picture of the pink team versus the blue team.
Getting ready to open the reveal box.
What's inside!?
My sister-in-law and best friend
10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1......
IT'S A BOY!!!
Half of the guest's reactions
Notice my cousin in the back who obviously wanted a boy!
The other hald of the guest's reactions
Bring on the balloons



"As soon as I saw you, I knew an adventure was going to happen."

Can't wait to meet you little man
The inside of the cupcakes!
My car filled with the aftermath of the party.

 
So excited for my little man! I will admit that I thought I was having a little girl since the day I saw that positive pregnancy test and I had psyched myself into the thought that I was having a little girl so much that I had to change gears, but by the time I got home from the party and unpacked my car, I was already off and running to JoAnn Fabrics and Hobby Lobby to buy letters to cover the baby's name is yarn and fabric to make his nursery curtains and burp cloths! I filled a little bag with all of the deflated blue balloons and plan to make it part of his newborn shadow box, along with the outfit he wears home from the hospital, and other hospital keepsakes.  Bring on the grass stains, ninjas, guns, helicopters, construction sites, mud, wrestling, fishing, hunting, penis comparisons, public urination, sword fights, getting peed on, and the chance to teach a little man how to treat his little lady some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment