Sunday, December 2, 2012

The Big Apple with my Big Belly

December 1, 2012

We kicked off December by going on a day long bus trip to New York City yesterday.  I have been going on these bus trips every year for years and have been to NYC well over 20 times, but definitely never pregnant.  It gave the trip a new meaning and I got to do/see some different stuff, but it also led to sore feet, swollen ankles/calves, sore hips, hot flashes, extreme exhaustion, a hatred for crowds and people in general, and the absolute WORST lower back pain I have ever had in my entire life (until I go into labor that is).  BUT, I tried not the be the Grinch and made the best out of the trip, even though it felt like someone was pulling my spine out of my body :) I made an effort to do a lot of cheesy John Lennon sightseeing, since I will never be pregnant with Lennon in NYC again.  So anyhow, I present Lennon's first trip to the city that never sleeps!

Favorite shot of the day :)


Strawberry Fields in Central Park

The apartment where John Lennon was shot
Potential nursery decoration

Lennon's first time in Times Square!
Dream big little man...


Love love LOVE H&M kids clothing, but we don't have one around here, so I bought him a few presents!

"Breaking Amish" inspired me to visit this museum. How ironic.


Who said exercising can't be fun?

Borrowed my sister-in-law's beer to capture a picture of these lovely pee signs (after I stole borrowed a bunch for future parties).  Oh how I wanted some booze all day to ease my back pain and drown my sorrows. Woe is me.

and to all a good night <3

5 comments:

  1. What a fun trip! I grew up just outside NYC, and miss trips into the city especially around this time of year. I wanna give you the biggest high five for making it through a crazy day in the city on your feet... With crazy holiday shoppers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the big high five! I made it, but not gracefully. I don't know how those NYC women do it and yet they probably not only do it, but they do it in stilettos and a maternity pencil skirt. Damn them. Btw....I love your chevron dress and looked for it on that site you mentioned and couldn't find it anywhere :(

      Delete
  2. Love the little outfits you picked out! I'm trying so hard not to buy my little man clothes until after the shower but it's been difficult and - let's face it - wildly unsuccessful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I have more than failed at that. He has clothes from NB until 2 years of age and then some and I think he already has a bigger shoe collection than me. I didn't register for any clothing, so hopefully people get me non-clothing stuff or I'll have to change his outfit every hour just to make sure everything gets worn.

      Delete

Leave a comment